- CVUU’s Virtual Yard Sale -
Plans for a real live yard sale this year have been cancelled. However, we have a number of items (over 200) that were either left from the purchase of the building or donated to us by CVUU members who were moving (see list below).
Soon, we ... read more.
- Board Bits – Sept. 30, 2020 -
CVUU Board meeting minutes are typically available upon request from the CVUU Board Secretary (Ken Saucer) or Congregational Administrator (Susie Gullixson), approximately 30 days after the date of the Board meeting.
The CVUU Board of Directors met on Thursday September 17, 2020. The CVUU Board of ... read more.
- Vote for our Settled Minister -
At their September meeting the CVUU Board and Minister discussed holding the congregational vote for a settled minister. I would like to briefly review our selection process and then describe the direction the CVUU Board is taking and the reasoning. You have an important ... read more.
- BOARD BITS -
A recap of the Sept. 12 annual retreat
The Board of Directors conducted a virtual annual retreat, on Zoom, Saturday, September 12th. The retreat was facilitated by Carlton E Smith and Natalie Briscoe, from the UUA. The Board is looking forward to an exciting Fiscal Year ... read more.
- Fall Connections -
Enjoy our Fall edition of our new CVUU quarterly magazine, Connections!
This is the second edition of this publication since we redesigned and repurposed our monthly newsletter. For more than 2 years, CVUU published an electronic monthly newsletter. The Communication Team decided to refashion that publication ... read more.
- Board Bits – Aug. 20, 2020 -
The Board discussed current COVID-19 circumstances and decided that building operations will continue in the mode decided by the CVUU BoD earlier in June 2020. The building is still closed to all groups and committees. “People performing maintenance on the building and the protesters will be allowed ... read more.
- Online Resources for Families: -
1. Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019
2. Toolkit for Young Adults: 15 to 21
3. Activities for Teens during the Coronavirus Quarantine
4. 19 COVID-19 QUARANTINE BOREDOM-BUSTERS
... read more.
- GA addresses myriad challenges - “Rooted, Inspired, and Ready”: General Assembly 2020 Brings Together UUs for Deeper Social and Environmental Justice
By Rick Docksai
Amid nationwide COVID-19 social-distancing and rising antiracist social unrest, the Unitarian Universalist Association’s (UUA’s) many congregations came together in virtual space last month for five days of heart-to-heart ... read more.
- - Find some balance online Friends, The Buddhist Affinity Group of CVUU meets 2nd Mondays from 7-9 PM. For July, that will be this Monday the 13th. As we practice physical distancing, we will be using a Zoom link for our meetings. See below. Time: Aug. 9, 2020 ... read more.
- History of Black Lives Matter -
by Jannie Marvel
Five years ago, in June, 2015, the General Assembly of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) voted to support the Black Lives Matter movement.
The resolution (one of four Social Justice statements published that year) encourages UU congregations to partner with local and national organizations ... read more.